This past month with Giovanni has been my favorite so far! Each month he grows, I love him more and more. Weighing in at 16 lbs, 14.7 oz; his days as a newborn seem long behind us! He’s already in 6 and 9 month clothing, and size 4 diapers!
He started sleeping in his crib this past month, retired the Rock-n-Play, and graduated to the jumperoo…which he LOVES! He likes to bear weight on his feet when we hold him, so I knew he would be thrilled to exercise a little independence and jump on his own..I’ve already taken so many videos of him in it! He’s so darn cute 😉
He has his own little personality now and this may sound weird but I forget sometimes that he can’t talk (haha)…he expresses his love for me in so many other ways that just melt my heart. Like when I wake him up in the morning, and as soon as I pop my head over his crib his face lights up. Or when he’s sleepy and I scoop him up in my arms and he nuzzles on my chest.
He took his first vacation this past month, and this weekend we’ll be heading down to Southern California for spring break.
Yesterday marked one year since finding out I was pregnant (read how we found out here), and looking back now I smile because though we were SO happy in that moment, we had yet to find out how much more joy Gio would bring to our lives. And as each month passes, I know that there is something even better that lies ahead.
Here’s what happened this month:
- Gio discovered his hands…and now they are in his mouth ALL.THE.TIME.
- He has become much more expressive and talkative…I know he’s happy as a clam when he just sits and babbles to himself.
- Sleeps 8-10 hours at night
- Likes to look at himself in the mirror- when I hold him in front of it and smile, he’ll smile back 🙂
- Has such strong neck and leg muscles …he always wants to stand on our laps.
- He is now able to grip things..and just started holding onto his rattles and toys.
- Hasn’t rolled over yet, but he’ll roll on his side so I think he’s almost there!
- Is stretching out- he’s now 2 feet, 3 inches long (99% percentile), definitely gets his height from dad!
- Is becoming more of a Momma’s boy which I secretly love… 😉 if he meets someone new now, he’ll look away toward me.
- Loves listening to his Portuguese children’s songs…since I’m home with him during the day and I speak English to him, I try to play more Brazilian music so he’s exposed to that.
- Is looking more like mommy now..his eyes aren’t as almond shaped as they were at birth (which made him look a lot like Kendrick).
My how this little one has grown!
Happy 4 Months Giovanni!