I’m sorry I’ve been so behind on my blog. Between our move at the end of May, unpacking and decorating the house, and growing a baby; I haven’t been able to keep up with it all! I’m now 16 weeks along, and I’m happy to report things are going tremendously well. I honestly don’t feel much different from before I was pregnant, except for the little bump that’s formed, and the fact that I can no longer zip up my pants. Before I get ahead of myself, I want to update you on the first trimester happenings.
Week 4- April 5, we find out we’re pregnant!
Week 5- Symptoms:
- Increased appetite
- Lower back pain when I wake up
- Breast tenderness
- Vivid dreams
- No nausea
- Told my sister Alishia we’re pregnant!
- Wrote the first letter to my baby
- Baby is the size of a blueberry
- Baby’s mouth and tongue are forming
- No nausea
- Some constipation
- Sick (but with a cold-stuffy nose, sore throat)
- No food aversions
- Baby is the size of a raspberry
- Baby’s heart is beating 150 times a minute (twice as fast as mine!)
- No nausea
- Hungry …A LOT
- Boobs are growing
- Had our first ultrasound appointment and got to hear the baby’s heartbeat!
- Took our first bump picture
Week 8 was such a special week for us! After finding out we were pregnant, I was SO excited for our first appointment and couldn’t wait for week 8 to roll around. However, as we got closer, I started to get more and more nervous. Would we hear the heartbeat? I literally had stomach pains and couldn’t eat the day of our appointment. I also had no idea what to expect so that was part of my nerves. My OB-GYN was so sweet though. She was friendly and talkative and Kendrick even recognized her (we still have to figure out from where). Finally the time had come…and I looked up at the screen and waited to hear her say something. “The baby looks great,” she said…and as soon as I heard that, I was instantly at ease. Then she said “I’m just trying to get a good picture for you.” Miraculously she pointed out the head, and the bottom, and the little arms and legs starting to form. I couldn’t believe how clearly it looked like a baby…even at 8 weeks! It is truly incredible. Then we heard a sound on the monitor…the baby’s heartbeat! Kendrick had been holding back tears, it was such a special moment. I couldn’t believe that we did it; we made this baby and he or she is growing inside me!
- Baby is the size of a green olive
- Baby has ended embryonic stage and is now a fetus
- Flew home to Pennsylvania for Mother’s Day to surprise my mom and told my parents that I’m pregnant! It was so special to be able to tell them in person and I had actually booked my flight home before even knowing that I was pregnant! It couldn’t have been better timing
How I told my parents:
The day after I flew in, my mom saw a box of flowers on the front porch so I brought them in and they had my name on it. I had a suspicion they were from Kendrick- so I started to get nervous that my mom was going to find out. I brought the box inside and she asked “Who are they from?” and I said I don’t know…probably Kendrick. She asked why Kendrick would be sending me flowers. I put the box on the table and opened the envelope with the note inside. Sure enough they were from Kendrick and the note said:
I turned the note over and told my mom not to look at it. I told her to get my dad and I quick ran upstairs to get the onesie I had made for them. I told them to close their eyes and hold onto a sleeve of the onesie. My mom was so excited and on the verge of tears. They opened their eyes and she screamed…she started crying and then I got tears in my eyes. We all hugged and cried and just soaked up what this moment meant.
Link for the onesie here.
Dress is Urban Outfitters; Shoes are Toms.
- Baby is the size of a prune
- Baby’s stomach and kidneys are working, producing digestive juices and urine
- Finally…the word is out! We told all our family and friends this past week
- Eating eggs everyday, lots of meat and english muffins
- Still having strange dreams
- Baby is the size of a lime
- Baby’s hands and feet have individual fingers and toes
- Kendrick and I celebrated our two year anniversary 🙂
- We signed a lease for a 2-bedroom apartment
- Baby is the size of a large plum
- Baby has more than doubled in size during the past 3 weeks
- Baby’s pituitary gland has started producing hormones that will enable him or her to make babies of their own…crazy!
- Had my first trimester blood tests done
- Kendrick and I moved to our new place!
Can’t believe how fast the first trimester went! Thanks so much for reading and following along during our journey.
Much love ❤
Angie & Baby