We’ve made it to the one month mark! I think with all the holiday celebrations, it made time go by even faster.
The past month has been nothing short of amazing. Gio’s been such a great baby, and even when I moan about getting up in the middle of the night, I take one look at that face and can’t help but smile.
He is eating like a champ (takes after his father) and now weighs 10 lb. 12 oz, and is 22 1/2 inches long. His hair is lighter than what I thought it would be, and I’m curious what the coloring will be as he gets older. So far here’s what we’ve learned about our little guy.
- He sleeps with his mouth open (like me)
- He purses his lips when he poops (and also will turn red)
- He has started grabbing onto things (especially shiny things like my necklace)
- He has started to track with his eyes (if Kendrick puts him down and walks away, he’ll follow him)
- He doesn’t like baths
- He likes being carried in the Ergobaby
- He loves his Rock-n-Play (and has slept mostly in this)
- He smiles right after he’s had his milk (aka when he’s in a milk coma!)
- His lips and nose resemble mine and Kendrick’s
- His eyes are like Kendrick’s
- He loves the camera! 😉
Here’s some pictures from his newborn shoot when he was nine days old. Thank you to the talented Jessie Salas Photography. I absolutely loved doing an in-home shoot!
model status…he was totally posing for the camera!
These next few are my absolute favorite!! It makes my heart melt seeing my handsome husband hold our beautiful boy ❤
Sneak peek of the little man’s room…we spend lots of time changing diapers in here 😉
Happy 1 Month Giovanni!
Mommy and Daddy